Gazelle Finance UCO is looking for a candidate for the position of Investment Officer (IO). The incumbent will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of debt and equity investments in high growth companies in Armenia to achieve a double bottom line of financial return and development impact objectives of Gazelle Finance. The IO is expected to: (a) develop a robust pipeline of investment opportunities; (b) conduct preliminary due diligence to select the top performing companies for consideration by the Investment Committee (IC); (c) carry-out necessary financial analysis, including building financial models; (d) present the business case in the form of a succinct written investment memorandum and presentation to the IC; (e) conduct detailed due diligence on IC-approved prospective investee companies; (f) execute transaction documentation and disburse investment capital; and (g) manage a large portfolio of companies to achieve the double bottom-line investment objectives of Gazelle Finance. The position requires a finance and banking background, strong analytical and writing skills, financial modeling skills to carry-out DCF analysis and create pro-forma financial statements, as well as applied experience in actual deal origination, investment structuring, deal analysis/ due diligence, and investment portfolio management. This position reports to Executive Director of the Credit Organization.
- Originate an investable pipeline of transactions;
- Conduct preliminary due diligence on prospective investees;
- Negotiate debt (partially-collateralized income participation loans) and equity investment structures with investee companies;
- Prepare investment memorandums, financial models, and supporting documentation to be presented to the IC for each prospective investment;
- Execute investment transactions (i.e. prepare, execute and register investment documents);
- Disburse funds to investee companies;
- Provide business advisory support to investees and structure highly strategic technical assistance interventions for investee companies as part of value add investment strategy;
- Monitor and track financial performance of investee companies to ensure that loan payments are current and revenue interest payments achieve budgeted targets;
- Engage investees on a regular basis for monitoring purposes and to serve as an active risk/ growth investment partner of the companies;
- Utilize Gazelle Finance's financial reporting systems, and monitor and measure financial and development performance objectives of investees;
- Prepare and deliver reports on financial performance and development objectives for internal purpose and for inclusion in reports to the Fund's board and investors;
- Ensure investees are in compliance with fund environmental, social, anti-corruption, and anti-money laundering policies and procedures, during due diligence of prospective investees and monitoring of investees;
- Monitor collateral/ collateral value of income participation loans, release collateral once income participation loans are fully paid off, and in instances of default oversee legal action to collect and repossess collateral;
- Secure an exit of the Fund's equity position from the investee companies;
- Manage the portfolio of investments with the objective to maximize returns to investors and achieve the Company’s development objectives;
- Engage third party consultants, service providers, and/ or legal counsel where necessary for due diligence, investee monitoring, or legal action against investees;
- Oversee the audit processes for investee companies;
- Work independently in small in-country and cross-country Gazelle teams and share knowledge across the Organization.
- Master's degree, preferably in Business Administration or Finance;
- At least 3 years of professional finance and banking experience in at least one of the following disciplines: commercial banking, private equity, corporate finance, M&A or project finance with preference given to those candidates with equity investment experience;
- Native Armenian speaker, fluent in English language, conversant in Russian language with strong English financial writing skills;
- Demonstrated track record of identifying, evaluating, and closing transactions and managing multiple projects;
- Proven fluency with legal documents such as term sheets, contracts, and investment agreements;
- Extensive experience in financial modeling, conducting due diligence, and deal negotiation/ structuring;
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth environment where everyone is expected to balance multiple roles and commitments;
- Self-starter with positive attitude, willing to roll-up sleeves and do the actual work and work independently with limited guidance;
- Good networker with solid local network of professional contacts, especially in the small and medium business segment;
- Good communication, selling, and negotiation skills;
- Entrepreneurial team player, willing and able to work long hours when necessary and contribute in multiple ways in a growth environment;
- Willingness to travel occasionally in the region.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive salary, plus participation in the company incentive program and standard benefits.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CV and a cover letter to:
indicating the position title in the subject line of the email. ABOUT COMPANY: Gazelle Finance Universal Credit Organization LLC is investing in high growth small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in Armenia. To learn more about Gazelle Finance, please visit: .